Saturday, February 2, 2013

Here Goes Nothing...

After reading my little sister's blog, Tar Heel Taste Bud, for months and months, I decided that I wanted to join her in the fun and popular world of blogging!  She has inspired me (along with Pinterest) to become creative with my cooking and I felt with it being Super Bowl Weekend, it was the perfect time to start capturing some of the happenings in my life, including fun times with my friends, delicious food that I love to cook, and overall events in my life :)


I absolutely love taking pictures and sharing things in my life.  I thought this blog would be a perfect place to do that! Although I work 50 hours a week, there is still a lot of fun things that I fit into my busy schedule!

I love to cook and I am so excited that in just a few short months I will have a brand new kitchen to create delicious meals and sweet treats in.  It doesn't hurt that my wonderful boyfriend got me a KitchenAid Mixer for Christmas and my mom got me a Cuisinart Hand Mixer, so I better put these two to good use :) Along with a brand new kitchen, I will have a brand new house to decorate...so look forwards to lots of fun decorating types and ideas!






For now, here is a small sampling of a few things that I have created recently!
Low Country Boil and Dirty Rice with Venison with good friends! It was my first time trying Low Country Boil and let me just tell you, it was DELICIOUS!

These were some delicious Chocolate Chip Blondies that I saw on Tar Heel Taste Bud. I made these on our "snow" day in Greenville.  They were a huge hit right out of the oven, such a gooey and yummy alternative to brownies!

My beautiful owl that I painted at Uptown Art in Greenville for a teambuilding event with four other girls from work.  I will definitely be going back to paint something else and enjoy some more wine and laughs with friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment