Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend!

So happy that summer has unofficially began!

If this past weekend is any indication to how much fun I will have this summer, then I cannot wait!  Rusty and I had a pretty busy weekend! It was so nice to finally be in town for a weekend.

It was so nice out on Friday, that we decided it would be a perfect evening to take the dogs on a walk through Downtown Greenville and stop at one of the many restaurants that had outdoor seating.  I am still in awe at the fact that you can bring your dogs to any restaurant that has outdoor seating...I mean how cool is that!?  I had been craving sushi, so we decided to try a place downtown.  It was pretty good and the dogs definitely loved ALL of the attention that they were getting from everyone that was walking by.  It was such a nice evening and after dinner we strolled up Main St. to where they had live music and lots of beer vendors.  I just love how there is always something going on downtown, its so nice to find something new to do each night down there!


Saturday, we enjoyed more of what Greenville has to offer.  They have the Farmer's Market every Saturday on the streets of Downtown.  Several local vendors come out and set up tents for everyone to browse through.  It is still early in the season, so not all of the vendors have all of their produce ready, but it was still so packed.  Rusty and I were able to find some delicious goodies and sampled from several different vendors.  We ended up buying this awesome Black Bean and Mango Salsa, Jalapeno Pimento Cheese, and Rusty picked out some Habenero Chutney. I can't wait to go back in a few weeks when they have some more fresh fruit and to buy some of the fresh fish and homemade pasta that they have.  When we finished walking around the market, we decided to try out the new bagel restaurant, Sully's Steamers.  It was seriously delicious.  I definitely suggest that you try it out if you haven't already



The fun didn't stop there.  Every Memorial Day weekend, the Greenville Hospital Systems sponsors the Aloft Festival.  They have hot air balloon launches, festival rides and game, fair food, and concerts.  On Saturday night, we went to go see Andy Grammer and Corey Smith play.  Rusty and I had the best time.  I loved seeing all of the hot air balloons get filled off and float away into the sky.  There had to be about 50 of them! Both of concerts were great and it was the perfect weather to enjoy it.  I also experienced a first, FRIED OREOS! I don't know why I waited this long to try them, but oh my gah were they delicious.  I didn't just stop at the fried oreos, I also got to sample some red velvet funnel cake (also amazing) and some fried green tomatoes with chipotle mayo from a local restaurant.  Overall, it was a perfect night :)










We spent Sunday at our friends' pool and cooked out with them. It was so nice to enjoy the sun and some good friends! Monday, was a MUCH needed day off after all of the excitement of the weekend.  Rusty and I were both exhausted, but we did manage to sneak in a little fun and went and saw Hangover 3.  It was a lot better than the second, very funny! Now it is back to work for a few days before we have another fun and busy weekend ahead of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment