Friday, June 7, 2013

TGIF






THANK GOODNESS IT'S FRIDAY! This week has been rough.  It has been a long week at work and we got some pretty devastating news about our house. After waiting to have it built for almost 3 months now, we drove out there because they were going to finally start.  When we saw the lot, we were in shock.  It looked completely 100% different than it did the last time we saw it (and not in a good way).  Where there used to be a little slope between our house and the neighbors was now a 20-25 ft. mountain.  Needless to say we were not very happy.  After discussing our options, we decided that it would be best to look for something else even though we were in love with the house.  I am very grateful for supportive parents, both Rusty's and mine, and our realtor.  We definitely made the right decision as hard as it was to say goodbye to the house that I had fallen in love with, but I know that I would not be happy when we moved in and our backyard turned into a swimming pool! Now, we will start back at square one and hopefully find a new house in the next couple of months that we can call our own! I am thinking positive (for once!) and know that this all happens for a reason and it just wasn't meant to be.

I have learned a lot this week and this whole process of buying a house is definitely a big eye opener.  I feel like such a grown up! My goal is to purchase my OWN house before my 24th birthday, so let's hope we are in before September 2nd.  We better be or we won't get any moving done until January, since my birthday weekend is also the start of football season!

After this long week at work and dealing with the craziness of the house, I am so happy that I have nothing to do but relax all weekend, and of course I will be searching for a new house every second I can get! I am ready to start my weekend with a much needed date night with Rusty and a LARGE glass of wine!

Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment