Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Making Progress

We are slowly and I mean SLOWLY making progress on our house.  Looks like our move in date will be pushed back about a month or so due to some building complications. I guess this could be blessing in disguise because I can save up more money and I have a lot more time to start collecting items from the house (this one I don't think that Rusty will be to thrilled to hear!).

Although our moving date has been pushed back, Rusty and I did get a head start on a few items this weekend.  We went around to a few furniture consignment stores, thrift stores for DIY project ideas, and some furniture and decoration stores to start gathering ideas of how we might want to furnish the house.  I am so indecisive so we only bought a few things on our fun-filled day of shopping.  Rusty was such a trooper so I even agreed to go to Twin Peaks with him to watch some baseball. I am such a nice girlfriend, right?!

As we get closer to moving day, I can't wait to start sharing all of my decorating ideas and DIY projects.  I have been obsessing over Pinterest lately, always trying to find new ideas and new websites that might have some cheaper decorating ideas and furniture.  This will definitely keep me occupied during the longer process of building!

Here are a few snapshots from our shopping adventure!

Rusty's dream for his Man Cave at Rooms to Go

Our BEAUTIFUL bar stools that we found at Southern Housepatality
(an upscale consignment store in Greenville, SC)

The 2 accent chairs we bought for the living room from Overstock!
Just a little bit obsessed!
After a long day of shopping we deserved some wine, a movie, and  Crescent stuffed Brie with Raspberry Jam
We are off to the beach this weekend for a little fun and relaxation with a great group of friends, but after that I am sure we will be back at the house projects!


No comments:

Post a Comment