Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pear Preserve Muffins

My coworker, Laura, lives on 25 acres and loves to garden! She grows everything from corn to raspberries to pears.  With some of the pears that she grew, she made them into preservers with her husband. I love preserves, so she brought me a mason jar full of them this week!

Rusty and I are going to the beach tomorrow, so I decided to make some goodies with these preserves that I had.  I was toying between baking muffins or cookies. You can't go wrong with either, but I finally decided that muffins would be the best option.  I searched the Internet and finally found a recipe that I could improvise a little to make something delicious.
Yum...Pear Preserves!
The recipe was by Diana Rattray and it does not disappoint!

Ingredients: (I doubled the recipe to make 24)

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup (1 stick) butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup milk 
  • 1/2 cup preserves
Preparation: 
  1. Into a mixing bowl sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
  2. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
  3. Form a well in the center.
  4. In another bowl, whisk together the egg and milk; pour into the well and stir just util dry ingredients are moistened (about 25 strokes).
  5. Batter will be lumpy.
  6. Fill greased and floured muffin cups or paper liners about 1/3 full.
  7. Carefully center 2 teaspoons of preservers over batter and cover with enough batter to fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
  8. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
Before putting them in the oven, I mixed together softened butter and cinnamon sugar to make a scrumptious mixture to top the muffins with (I HIGHLY recommend this!)


Fresh out of the oven 
So yummy and gooey! Definitely serve them warm

I brought some into work today and they were a hit! I hope that you enjoy these as much as I have!

Finally its the weekend! Have a great one :)


No comments:

Post a Comment