Sunday, February 10, 2013

Best Friends Come to Greenville!

Last week could not have gone by any slower! I don't think that I could have been any more excited to have three of my closet friends from college come and visit me.  Jordan, Kaylee, and Leah all made the trip down to Greenville so we could have a fun girls weekend.

Friday night all the girls came into town and we went to one of my new favorite restaurants in Greenville, Southern Culture Kitchen and Bar, with my boyfriend (Rusty) and his roommate, Will.  Obviously, this restaurant is very popular because we had an hour wait (but it was well worth it!).  I was so happy that my friends could come down and that Rusty got to meet them. We enjoyed a few drinks at the bar and finally got seated.  The menu is amazing and of course we had to get the Tator Tots with Pimento Cheese Fondue and Pulled Pork Nachos to begin the meal.  They have a wide variety of southern inspired dishes, I highly recommend you to go check it out!
First stop of the weekend was to Green's to get Rusty a Growler of Highland Cold Mountain Ale!
On Saturday, I decided to take the girls to Downtown Greenville.  We walked all around Main Street and went into the different boutiques and enjoyed the scenery.  Jordan was so excited because she wanted to find the "Mice and Main," which are 9 bronze mice hidden around Main Street that have a story and riddles to go along with them.  We weren't successful in finding all of them, but did manage to find a few!  It was such a pretty day and we enjoyed the beautiful views at Falls Park. After walking up and down Main Street, we stopped for lunch at Grill Mark's for more delicious food. That night we cooked dinner, had some wine, and went out to the lovely city of Greer (my future home!) for a fire at Rusty's neighbors' house.
At Falls Park at Reedy River
It was so much fun having them in town and showing them around Greenville.  But the most exciting news of the weekend was that Kaylee asked me to be her Maid of Honor!!!!! I am sooooo excited about it and cannot wait to start helping her to have the most amazing wedding ever!

Jordan and Kaylee found Aunt Maggie the mouse while searching for "Mice on Main"

The bride to be!! So excited to be her MOH :)

Jordan and Leah at Falls Park

The Mice on Main Street...probably the highlight of Jordan's trip!

Obviously we had to make a Pinterest meal. Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken

Fire with friends out in Greer! I think Leah, Kaylee, and Jordan enjoyed the Moonshine :)

I hate that the weekend flew by, but hopefully in a few months when my house is finished I can have everyone come back and visit again for a House Warming Party :)

No comments:

Post a Comment