Monday, February 18, 2013

Valentine's Day

This past weekend has flown by and so did Valentine's Day.  Can you believe that February is almost over? I cannot believe how fast this year is going by, I want time to start slowing down so I can enjoy more of my weekends and free time.

As fast as this weekend went by, it was so nice to actually spend some alone time with Rusty and enjoy a weekend full of dates.  Thursday was Valentine's Day and I for one am NOT a fan of this holiday.  It really is just a Hallmark holiday; but nonetheless, I decided to cook Rusty a nice dinner with a yummy dessert. I love to cook and bake, so I thought this would be another perfect excuse to try out a new recipe. We had Cajun Chicken Stuffed with Pepper Jack Cheese & Spinach, broiled asparagus with Cajun seasoning, and for dessert we had Red Velvet Cake Brownies.  It was all so good!

Cajun Stuffed Chicken with Broiled Asparagus
Excuse the classiness of the paper plates :)

Red Velvet Cake Brownies with White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
Rusty also surprised with a beautiful necklace that he noticed I had pinned on my Pinterest.  Now ladies, that is what I call a good boyfriend! You all need to have your boyfriends, husbands, etc. log into your accounts so they actually know what you want! 
My awesome necklace that Rusty got me courtesy of Etsy!

Even though I am very opposed to Valentine's Day, I still had a WONDERFUL night with Rusty.  He is such an amazing guy and I am so lucky to have him in my life, especially since he took me to Asheville, NC on Saturday for shopping and brewery hopping! (I will be posting about adventures soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment