Monday, February 25, 2013

Weekend Recap

This weekend, just like EVERY other weekend flew by.  Before I knew it, it was Sunday night and I was getting back into "work" mode, but I was glad for a somewhat relaxing weekend, it was MUCH needed after a long week.

The weather has been so gloomy lately.  I couldn't be any more ready for some sunshine and spring weather.  I am hoping that it comes sooner rather than later (next week would be fine by me!).  Friday was another one of those dreary Winter days that seem to be never ending.  Since it was gross, I decided that it might be a good idea to start packing, seeing that I am moving next weekend! Luckily, I had my best friend, Jordan, help me clean out my closet the other weekend when she was in town. Thank goodness she was here, I never realized how much of a clothes hoarder I was, I guess you could say I was in a little bit of denial.  I know I won't ever wear a certain dress or shirt again, but always find an excuse to keep it, but with Jordan's help I was able to give away almost 20 pairs of shoes, some purses, and 3 trashbags worth of clothes to Goodwill.  It felt good to give away my clothes, maybe now when Rusty and I move into our house he can share a closet with me (ha, who are we kidding! I will now have to go get new clothes!).

Saturday, Rusty and I moved a few things into my storage unit.  I discovered that I am absolutely WORTHLESS at moving.  I have no upper body strength, it is actually quite humorous moving this furniture, but I doubt Rusty finds it funny! After we got the "hard work" out of the way, Rusty and I spent the rest of the weekend with our friends.

I am NO fan of BBQ, but was very impressed of how much I enjoyed our lunch with our good friends at The Smokin' Pig BBQ in Pendleton (right by Clemson!).  Everything looked so delicious, even the pork and brisket which we all know I would never eat! The sides were to die for.  They had everything a great BBQ place should have including fried okra, baked beans, loaded potato casserole, banana pudding, sweet potato crunch, and much more!
Rusty got the 1/2 Chicken and Pork with Sweet Potato Crunch
and Fried Okra...yum!!!

 Chopped Chicken (before I put the BBQ sauce on) with
Sweet Potato Fries and Baked Beans!

The Smokin' Pig BBQ
The rest of the weekend we spent with friends.  Lots of people were in town so we actually went out in Downtown Greenville for once.  I am a 23 year old grandma, I never go out Downtown anymore.  I think that it was maybe my 6th time since I moved here almost a year ago, how pathetic is that?! But we had a lot of fun with everyone.  We will definitely have to start doing that more often! And on Sunday, we went to Stax for breakfast with about 20 people.  This restaurant is literally 2 minutes from my apartment and I had NO idea it was there and of course when I do find out, I am moving away!

It was such a great weekend, but unfortunately just like every other one it came to and end and I have another busy week ahead of me! Lets hope I survive since next weekend will be so busy moving all of my furniture!!





No comments:

Post a Comment