Friday, March 22, 2013

French Toast Casserole

Happy Friday everyone!!!
 
I am finally heading back to Wilmington for the weekend after 6 long months of no visits! I am bringing my boyfriend, Rusty, with me for the first time.  I cannot wait to show him the town that I am in LOVE with.
 
We are going for Wing Fling, which is a all day wing, beer, and music fest that they have every year.  I am so excited and I cannot wait to see so many friends.  Since this event starts around 11am on Saturday, you can bet that we will be up early getting ready and having some fun beforehand.  Because it is so early, I thought that it would be a good idea to eat a delicious breakfast, but didn't want fast food or to go out to eat.  I figured that I could make somethign easy that everyone would enjoy! So I came up with the idea of French Toast Casserole.  I mean who doesn't love a french toast? And everyone LOVES a good casserole.
 
 
There are so many different recipes online for this, but I thought I would just wing it.  I don't think that you can really mess up French Toast.  But I guess my friends will be the judges of that when we eat this tomorrow :)
 
 
Megan's French Toast Casserole
 
8 large eggs
3/4-1 whole loaf of bread (I used honey wheat)
3-4 tablespoons of cinnoman (I just guessed and poured it in)
2 cups of milk
Brown Sugar to sprinkle on top
Powdered Sugar
Syrup



Bread cut up in 1 inch squares ( I just tear it!)
 
 


  

  1. Cut the bread into 1 inch chunks and fill up a 9x13 baking dish that is lightly greased.
  2. Mix the eggs, 2 cups of milk, and cinnoman together in a large bowl.
  3. Pour the egg mixture over the bread and allow it to soak in. (I went ahead and sprinkled a little bit more cinnoman over the dish to give it a little bit more flavor!)
  4. I would recommend putting it in the fridge over night so that the flavors can soak in more.
  5. The next morning when you are ready to cook, sprinkle the brown sugar over the dish to give it a crunchy topping (you can also had crushed nuts/pecans to this too!)
  6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Bake for 35-45 minutes or until it is golden brown or no longer wet.
  7. Cut and sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with syrup!
 
 
 
Eggs, Milk, and Cinnoman
 
 
Pour the mixture over the bread
 
 

Casserole ready to be cooked!

I can't wait for my friends to try this tomorrow in Wilmington.  Crossing my fingers that they like it! I hope you all have a FANTASTIC weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment