Thursday, March 14, 2013

Is it June Yet?!

I am way too excited for June to get here now after meeting with the Builder and Developer last night! I feel like a little kid on Christmas Day being able to pick out the floors, cabinets, countertops, etc.  I think one of the big reasons that I wanted to build a house was because I had always wanted to be an Architect or Interior Designer growing up, but that dream was short lived after I went to a Design Camp (yes, I know it was super nerdy!) and realized that I am not so good at sketching, etc! So this is fun for me tthat I get to pretend and decorate and ENTIRE house :)

I feel so blessed that at 23, I can afford to buy my very OWN house all by myself.  That is a HUGE accomplishment and I am very, very happy!

They said that they are going to start grading the lot and clearing all the rocks out, which cross your fingers can happen or I don't know what I would do! Then as soon as construction starts the house will be up in no time, which scares me but is exciting at the same time. 

So far, Rusty and I have pretty much been in agreement on everything, but he really doesn't get a say in the matter :)  I think he is just happy that he gets a Man Cave all to himself.  He has already let me know that I am not welcome up there unless I am invited or he needs a beer! Ha, he can keep up on dreaming if he thinks that is how it will be!

Since we have pretty muched picked everything out that we want in the house, the next step is for me to sign the contract. I feel like such a grown up and it is so scary because once I sign on that line, any changes that I want to make on the house come straight from my pocket....EEK!! Scary right?!

This is a stressful and scary process, but I know that it will be SO worth it in the end.  And here is a little sample of a model of the house that we are going to build.  Of course our coloring on the outside will be different because I am not a fan of the red and it reminds me too much of Gamecocks :)  As soon as ours is started I'll upload weekly photos!

The outside of the house! It's a cute ranch with a Man Cave upstairs!
A preview of the inside living space!
Can't wait to share more of the progess and of course my decorating finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment