Thursday, March 28, 2013

Wilmington Weekend

Clearly I have had a busy week and am just not getting around to posting this!

If you have never been to Wilmington, North Carolina I suggest that you do (especially in the summer!).  Wilmington is one of my favorite cities and has been since my family started vacationing there when I was younger.  Even though I have been graduated and not living in Wilmington for almost 2 years (crazy how fast that has gone by), I still miss Wilmington all the time.  I had the most amazing college experience and met some of the best friends I could ever have, so it is always nice when I can squeeze in a little mini-vacation there.

This time, I was able to bring my boyfriend for the first time.  I was beyond excited to show him around the city that I love, but unfortunately the weather wasn't too excited to see us! The weekend before we came it was gorgeous, but of course when we went it was cold and rainy but we still made the best of it!

Friday we had fun going to a new bar called Might as Well.  They had karokee, which is always entertaining.  When Jordan ran off to the bathroom Leah and her boyfriend signed Jordan up to sing.  She tried to get us to go, but I CANNOT sing. I love being back with my best friends so that was a perfect night after a long work week!

Love my best friends!!!
Jordan doing her thing!
Rusty and I at Might as Well

One of the big reasons we went to Wilmington that weekend was because it was the Annual Wing Fling.  This was always a big event during college and lots of people always come back after they graduate, so its a perfect reunion weekend.  Unfortunately, the weather was not wanting to cooperate and it was cold and rainy so we only stayed for a little while.  During the little time we were there, we saw lots of old friends and of course had to take a Phi Mu picture (those occur at every event!).  The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing and enjoy being with our friends.  Rusty LOVED Wilmington, so I am so excited to bring him back when we can actually enjoy the beach!


In other exciting news, when we got back into town this week we FINALLY signed the contract for our house!!!! I cannot believe that we will be in it so soon. Now time for picking out furniture, colors, and decorations!

I hope everyone has a good Easter! I am off to Chicago tomorrow to spend time with my Grandmother and family...lets hope I don't freeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment